A leader in VoIP service
Vonage is by far the most visible Voip provider in the marketplace, although it entered the marketplace later than some. Vonage now stands as a leader amongst its VoIP rivals, providing dependable internet telephone service to those ready to cut the cord on their traditional phone service. It still offers a great package with a free adaptor, one month free service and unlimited local and long distance calling. To ensure their competitiveness, they now offer unlimited international plans as well, beginning with 17 countries and expanding to 60. You can choose from Europe, Asia, Mexico and Latin America, or Enhanced (the 60 country calling plan). The Vonage refer-a-friend plan earns up to two months free on your own service.
Calling Plans & Expense
- Vonage basic plans provide unlimited local and long distance calling for $24.95 per month.
- Unlimited international calling is also available and ranges from an additional $6 per month to $15 per month.
- If you are not on an unlimited plan, these calls can be made for the reasonable international price of one cent per minute.
- Rated #1 for digital telephone service
- Award-recognized service by industry experts like PC Magazine
- Refer-A-Friend program
- Unlimited calling packages
- International calls to 60 countries
- Keep your current phone number
- Many popular features included for no additional cost
- E411 and E911 compliant
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Negative BBB report
- Customer service has been an ongoing problem at Vonage. Customer service is outsourced
The Vonage Unlimited Plan comes with 20 free features, which includes:
- Enhanced call forwarding
- Network availability number
- Call waiting
- Call hunt
- Caller ID
- Voicemail Visual/Voicemail Plus
- 3-way calling
- Call transfer
- Number for life
Other features available when you sign up for Vonage, some with a nominal fee, include:
- Vonage fax service available by adding a second number
- E411 and E911 services as well
- Visual voicemail, that enables you to scroll through and read voicemails that have been transcribed to text, then forward the messages to up to five email addresses or five cell phones simultaneously.
“On March 27, 2007 this company's membership in the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to respond to one or more consumer complaints filed with the BBB.“
vongage, vonoge, vanage, voinage